----- Original Message -----
From: "Ged Haywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gregory Belenky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 12:39 AM
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault

> Hi there,
>
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Gregory Belenky wrote:
>
> > Just found that Apache::Util::unescape_uri when gets undefined
value as
> > parameter not returns undefined value, but make SUBJ!
> > Why that's happens?
>
> Perhaps I'm being dense, I do not understand the question.  What is
"SUBJ"?

SUBJ = subject. Apache::Util has a bug which causes segemntation
fault. We know this, and solve the problem - we prevent passing
possible empty string to this method.

> > if we have to use one mod_perl-powered Apache - how we can find
> > request, that breaks server?
>
> Would it not be better to prevent the server from breaking?

We already did this! The question is - with 2 apache config,
proxy-front-end apache logs every request, even if power apache daemon
crushed with segfault, simple-proxy daemon logs request with URI and
502 status. We know time of segfault and can find 502 request in
access logs with such time, and we can find out a request, wich causes
seg fault. All right. It's working for 2 apache config. If we use
simple 1 apache daemon, I think, we will have in logs segfault message
only. Is there way to find out segfault request for simple
configuration ?