Well I've basically taken your route the first time I tried to do this a
year ago.  The other problem is that this requires the vistors go to
this particular page.  If they bookmark to another page or type the url
of a sublink, this is bypassed, and I loose the statistical information.
My problem is that the PerlLogHandler I've set up isn't actually supposed
to ever display anything to the browser.  (I don't think any PerLogHandler
anyone writes should send anything to the browser as is basically
an extension to use instead of the apache's access_log file.  Although
it could if you had a good reason.  In order for the javascript I gave to
get values it has to be sent to the browser on a page so its processed my the
javascript engine
in the browsers.

END
Philip M. Gollucci (p6m7g8) [EMAIL PROTECTED] 301.314.3118

Science, Discovery, & the Universe (UMCP)
        Webmaster & Webship Teacher

EJPress.com
        Database/PERL Programmer & System Admin

Resume      : http://p6m7g8.com/Work/index.html