For IE 5.5, IE doesn't respect the Content-Disposition header and will prompt the user to save a file as "foo.pl" (or whatever the name of your script happens to be)

M$ claims that this was fixed in IE 5.5 SP1.

They document this bug (as fixed) here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;267991

-kb

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Quick google search shows :

http://www.utoronto.ca/webdocs/HTMLdocs/Book/Book-3ed/appb/mimetype.html

Send the mime type as : application/vnd.ms-project
I do this with excel using application/vnd.ms-excel and the marketing
folks love it.
So, you would have to provide a link to your modperl app that opens the
file and pushes it out with this content type.

Bonus Points : Use

and pre-set the name of the file on disk.

John-

John-

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:27:33 -0700
"Tim Tompkins" wrote:

> You can always set the content type to "application/octet-steam" but I
> wouldn't expect IE to honor the content type.
>

> Regards,
>
> Tim Tompkins
> Programmer
> http://www.clipart.com/
> http://www.rebelartist.com/

Kevin Berggren				760-480-1828
System Maker, Inc	       3913 Sierra Linda Dr.
				 Escondido, CA 92025