In article <> you wrote:

>[...]
> *I* believe that the user takes ALL responsibility for getting
> free and open source software working.  I also believe that
> this is the nature of free software.  Others have already said
> that it does work and are trying to help.  It is inappropriate
> for anyone to try to make Ralf feel guilty or in any way
> responsible for their inability to make this software work.

Yes. But as long as people don't get really impertinent it's acceptable, at
least to me. I know how frustrating it is when other people have a piece of
software running but it will not run on my local environment for some strange
reasons I cannot figure out myself. Then I'm happy when someone can help me.
That's why I personally had no big problem this time (at least after ignoring
the $$ part of the message, of course).

>> Ok, I make you an offer: Create a temporary rse account on your box which has
>> around 15 MB free disk space available and I'll try to setup Apache on your
>> box and debug the code on your specific platform. I'm sure it's a local
>> platform problem, but we cannot find it without tracing the code.  Drop me a
>> note with the password and machine/account info into my private mail folder
>> when you established this.

> Wow!  Ralf, I am now doubly impressed by your generosity
> (your software contribution, and now your remote, but "hands
> on" consulting services).  I hope they understand and
> appreciate this extraordinary situation.

Extraordinary software packages require extraordinary approaches, of course.
But yes, I at least really hope people understand this privilege...

BTW: For another mod_ssl user on this list I'm already doing remote consulting
     these hours. So it's nothing really unusual... ;-)

Greetings,