Hi,
first of all thanks for the tip Ralf on the setenv for the installation
process. Ok, im on step 6. I made the certificate ("make certificate"),
where u have to type in country name, organisation name, etc. The
ssl.crt, ssl.csr, ssl.key dirs are created in the apache_1.3.4/conf dir.
The server.key, server.crt, server.csr files are created.

Ive tested the http access (http://www.abc.com) from my browser. That as
well works. But when i try to start ssl with
"/apache_1.3.4/bin/apachectl startssl". The 'startssl' option cannot be
recognised. Looks like only (start|stop|restart|fullstatus|st) are
allowed. I.e i cannot the ssl daemon to kick in, i.e no
https://www.abc.com!!!!

Anything tt ive missed?!

G.
--
Gilles Chong ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])
Systems Engineer, Internet Division