On Wed, Dec 16, 1998, Brad Cox wrote:

> At 5:39 AM -0500 12/16/1998, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> >Why? As I already said: to compare Netscape's behavior with mod_ssl's behavior
> >in case of a renegotiation, of course.  Because when you look carefully into
> >the SSL/TLS protocol specs you find not too much information about
> >renegotiations, so it's only reasonable to compare the behaviour of other
> >servers to get an impression what they actually speak and when they speak it.
>
> Ralf, rembrandt.erols.com runs Netscape Commerce. I think
> https://rembrandt.erols.com should do what you need.
>
> PS: it is configured to forward everything to virtualschool.edu which runs
> mod_ssl.

Hmmm... no it doesn't. Although it's a SSL-aware Netscape server, it doesn't
request client certificates. And especially not on a per-URL basis. What I
want to look at is a Netscape server which lets you connect with HTTPS,
initially _without_ requesting a client cert, but then (after I send the HTTP
request) does a SSL renegotation _with_ a request for a client certificate.
But nevertheless thanks for your help.