Sorry if this question sounds moronic but I am what would be considered
a linux newbie.  I am running Apache 1.3.12 on a Netmax linux server.  I
have the latest version of mod_ssl and openssl installed.  Being that I
am a newbie I chose to install the RPM versions of each of these after
several hours of compile errors.  The packages all installed fine
through RPM's.  I created and authorize my own certificates.  I followed
all of the steps in the mod_ssl how to on the subject and created the
certificates (server.crt and server.key) just fine. My problem begins
when I replace the default server.crt and server.key that were created
when the programs were installed with the ones that I created.  After
the default files are replaced with my files upon reboot the system
hangs indefinitely when starting the httpd daemon.  I have to telnet in,
replace the original server.crt and server.key and reboot and then
things are fine. Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Any help
will be appreciated.


Nathan
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to