From: Igor Plotnikov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 3:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: KeepAlive and IE, again...

Folks,

I know the issue of IE being unable to work with modssl has been
brought up before. The conclusion expressed in the FAQ is -
IE is buggy, disable keepalive for IE, and that's it.

I've spent just a little time looking at https://www.microsoft.com
which obviously runs on IIS5.0, and sniffing the traffic.

On the surface it looks like both IE and Netscape keep the sockets
open for a minute, and reuse them with no problem.

I didn't dig too deep, but these observations raise the question again.

Is it possible to have mod_ssl support keepalives with IE, even in
a dirty way? Apparently IIS does it, to a great performance benefit!

Thanks!
Igor