-----==-=-=---=-====--==-==-====--==--=-==--=--==-

At 03:18 PM 3/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:
On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 09:04:04AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > Full_Name: Ari D Jordon
 > Version: 2.8.7
 > OS: Solaris 2.8
 > Submission from: (NULL) (68.49.144.213)
 >

 > using apache 1.3.23, starting httpd with -DSSL immediately seg faults.  post
 > mortem revealed it was dying in ssl_cmd_SSLEngine, specifically in that
 > mySrvConfig() was returning 0.  not quite sure if this is a problem with
mod_ssl
 > or apache itself, as mySrvConfig is a define for ap_get_module_config.  any
 > suggestions would be appreciated.

Are you using the engine version of openssl? Unless you have a supported
crypto accelerator, then you shouldn't be using the engine version.

no, this is the normal version (0.9.6b).  we've built ssh against this
version, and it works fine.

i've done some further experimentation, and this is what i've found:

after commenting out the macro version of ap_get_module_config in
http_config.h (apache source), i was able to get a better idea of the problem

the second paramater passed to ap_get_module_config (ssl_module) seems to
have an incorrect value for module_index (19 every time i've traced
it).  and, each time, conf_vector[module_index] is NULL.  not sure if it's
a coincidence, but there has been consitently a value in
conf_vector[module_index+1].  perhaps something is misconfigured in my
apache setup?

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----

iQA+AwUBPIxRubu5aMb7oqrkEQIJtACg2h/nQkpBCW7lHwrm+0miZi3YbLEAmNX5
8Z6q9F07VQAWaDYs4e2tCvs=
=R8kN
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----