In an earlier note, you said that it was 10K-100K *concurrent* users.

a) that's a magnitude of difference, see if you can get better numbers from whomever is doing the marketing/project planning. b) ain't no way you're going to do that many *CONCURRENT* transactions on a single box.

-d

Pigeon wrote:
Hmm.. 10k -100k are pretty much  guaranteed numbers..

So my main computer crunching will be done at the beginning? (and to relive this I can do session key caching.. how long can I cache a key? is this 'secure'?) (also.. all transfers will be ~15megs in size)

And using a single server is out of the question?

If we just go with one server.. shouldn't it be something super fast.. amd64 1gig ram?

thanks!
Lee