On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:

* Dave Rolsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-09-22 16:45]:
It'd probably incorporate some combination of ...

* better search engine (fulltext search of all pod)
* ratings baked right in so you can search based on rating
* trust metrics for authors & modules
* some wiki-ish/annocpan-ish thing to allow user commentary
  inline with distro views

Adding a social network could work very nicely, both to partly
address several of the things you listed as well as to add other
equally useful features.

(No, I’m not joking. :-) )

That's more or less what I'm getting at with trust metrics. My idea is to have a "web of trust" where you indicate trust in both distros & authors. Trust would then "echo" down the network so that you trust something that a trusted author trusts, but less than if you trust it directly.

The idea is to be able to find highly trusted distros and authors, which would help people find the best solution in a crowded space.

Note that this differs from ratings, which I don't find very useful at all.

-dave

VegGuide.Org
Your guide to all that's veg