Thank you.  Removing the app.run() and changing the app to application
(using a factory so changed app = create_app() --> application =
create_app())

Now when running the site via apache the post requests don't seem to be
running.  They all return the http code of 302 (found) instead of 200 like
they do when I run the app directly in python.  I am not seeing any errors
in any logs and the path the post is using is being formed correctly by the
url_for function.  I'd almost say the post request aren't passing data to
the wsgi application?