On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 16:27 -0400, Mike Garey wrote:
> I'm a bit confused about how to get upload progress to work with
> mongrel..  I've installed the mongrel_upload_progress (0.1) gem, but
> have no idea what to do with it.
> 

Hey Mike, it's sort of a work in progress right now.  I'll try to write
up some documentation shortly.  We're doing a pre-release of 0.4 very
soon which will make upload progress work much better.

The gist of it, if you're feeling adventurous, is to install the
mongrel_upload_progress gem:

  gem install mongrel_upload_progress

Then create a mongrel config script with called mongrel.conf with:

  uri "/", :handler => Upload.new("/upload"), :in_front => true

And then make sure you have a Rails handler which can handle requests
for /upload and which can answer requests for /progress with status.
The status comes from the Mongrel::Uploads singleton which keeps track
of what's going on.

But don't waste too much time on this, it's still pretty rough.

Rick should have a Rails plugin for this out soon once we get it working
better.

 
-- 
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/
http://www.railsmachine.com/ -- Need Mongrel support?

_______________________________________________
Mongrel-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users

Reply via email to