if I shut down mongrel, I get the following:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

so it looks like it _is_ being served through mongrel.. I guess this
means my rewrite rules aren't actually serving the static files
through apache..  Any ideas?

Mike

On 7/7/06, Jens Kraemer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 05:42:56PM -0400, Mike Garey wrote:
> > okay, I managed to solve the problem by creating a mime.types file with
> > ".pdf: application/pdf" and referencing it using ":mime_map
> > config/mime.types".  The problem is, this means that the pdf file is being
> > served by mongrel, whereas it should be served as a static file via apache.
> > In my rewrite log, I see the following:
> >
> > (3) applying pattern '^/$' to uri '/pdfs/instructions.pdf'
> > (3) applying pattern '^([^.]+)$' to uri '/pdfs/instructions.pdf'
> > (3) applying pattern '^/(.*)$' to uri '/pdfs/instructions.pdf'
> > (4) RewriteCond:
> > (3)
> > input='/usr/local/www/data/vhosts/www.mydomain.com/current/public/pdfs/instructions.pdf'
> > (3) pattern='!-f' => not-matched
> > (1) pass through /pdfs/instructions.pdf
>
> imho this means that Apache is serving the file itself.
>
> Just to be sure you could stop mongrel and hit the same URL
> again. If you get the file, it is clearly served by Apache.
>
> Jens
>
>
> --
> webit! Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH          www.webit.de
> Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Jens Krämer       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Schnorrstraße 76                         Tel +49 351 46766  0
> D-01069 Dresden                          Fax +49 351 46766 66
> _______________________________________________
> Mongrel-users mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users
>
_______________________________________________
Mongrel-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users

Reply via email to