On 8/25/06, linux user <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
> > > No these files are not there.
> > >
> > > I tried to locate mongrel.log in production.log, but its not there. I
> only
> > > have log/production.log but that was created by rails script when the
> > > application root was created and log/production.log is 0KB after load
> > > testing mongrel for 1 hour.
> > >
> > > I am on Windows 2000 SP4.
> > >
> > > please help
> >
> > Daya, first of: post this to one mailing list, do not "cross-post" to
> > rails and mongrel, the correct place, in this case, is mongrel one.
> >
> > Now, why you don't try the following?
> >
> > open a Command prompt window.
> > C:
> > cd C:\myspace\snapshot
> > mongrel_rails start -e production
> >
> > wait until it is running... now check using windows explorer for
> > log/*.log files inside that folder.
> >
> > They should be there, I see them here when running in my app, with
> > both prerelease and stable.
>

> Hi Luis
>
> I just tried your suggestion and although mongrel starts at port 3000 by
> default the logs are still not created. I did a full scan of application
> root for *.log and there are no log files that are created by mongrel.
>
> I also tried running mongrel -B (debug) option and now I get in
> log/mongrel_debug folder files.log, objects.log, params.log, rails.log and
> thread.log, these as we know are not the logs I am interested in.
>
> I had installed mongrel through gems and since I didn't include
> --include-dependencies at that time, the installation process prompted me to
> select which mongrel I wanted installed I selected the first option for
> win32 which was 0.3.13.3. May be I need to re-install mongrel?
>
> I appreciate your help but I am lost in this simple problem.

Ok Daya,

I tried the same here, with a empty rails application and with a working one.

my logs are created, on development or production environment...

Please, start a fresh rails application, set the database and clear
the log folder (delete *.log from there). Start mongrel with the same
sentence I put previously and check the logs created.

If they got created, is somehow your application, if not... too weird
for friday...

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems