On 8/25/06, Luis Lavena <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/25/06, linux user <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]

> Luis
>
> I tried this too an fresh rails application and use the following command to
> start mongrel
>
> mongrel_rails start -c C:/temp/snap -e production
>
> the only log file I get in the log folder are
> development.log
> mongrel_debug\files.log
> production.log
> server.log
> test.log

Before start rails you removed the empty logs? (the ones rails created
by default).

If they get created again, mongrel should be logging there, check
production.log for a the timestamp of the last logged event (after you
hit your webbrowser).

> and BTW I also re-installed mongrel 0.3.13.3 win32 and mongrel-service but
> still no solution.
>
> I am begining to think its platform related Win2K SP4, I don't have access
> to XP. May be I need to re-install ruby & rails ?? but that would be
> ridiculous.

I have installed ruby, One-Click-Installer and plain ruby-mswin32 on
XP (SP1&SP2), W2K SP3 and SP4 and W2K3 Server, all without problems.

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems

Luis

I should have checked the timestamp of production.log last time when I started mongrel -e production.

Thanks I think I have solved the problem and I have found the conflicting option, but I have no decent explaination for it. Here is what I did

1. In my original application I deleted all log file and mongrel_debug folder and restarted mongrel

in my config/environment/production.rb I have
config.log_level = :debug
config.log_path = 'log/production_debug.log'

At this time the log folder has only one log file 'production_debug.log' and folder 'mongrel_debug' with 'files.log'. So I get all the output from logger (at debug level) in 'log/production_debug.log'.

But I still get the output from 'puts, p, print' on the console and nowhere in any log file.

2. If I remove the logger configuration from my config/environments/production.rb, I still get output from 'puts, p, print' on the console. The only content on production.log at this time is (mostly statistical)
Processing SnapshotController#print_letters (for 127.0.0.1 at 2006-08-25 10:51:17) [GET]
  Session ID: 022a23172e2328c2ba29f36a65e1ecbe
  Parameters: {"action"=>"print_letters", "controller"=>"snapshot"}
Redirected to http://localhost:4111/snapshot/letter/list
Completed in 0.00010 (10000 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.00000 (0%) | 302 Found [ http://localhost/snapshot/snapshot/print_letters]

I still need to capture the output on console to a log file, don't know how to do it.

Are you able to capture output from 'puts, p, print' on the console to a log file???

thanx a megaton for helping me.

-daya