Luis Lavena wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Amit Tomar <li...@ruby-forum.com>
> wrote:
>> hii ,
>> ? ? ?I uploaded 1 GB of file to filesystem,but now when i trying to
>> download this 1 GB of file ,i am getting failed to allocate memory.
>> am running mongrel as server in development mode.
>>
>> NoMemoryError (failed to allocate memory):
>> ?C:/InstantRails-2.0-win/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/cache.rb:60:in
>> `<<'
>> ?C:/InstantRails-2.0-win/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/cache.rb:60:in
>> `expand_cache_key'
>
> This has nothing to do with Mongrel.
>
>>From the backtrace it seems you're trying to cache all the file
> contents in memory.
>
> What is the code you're using to serve the file? Mongrel is quite
> capable to serve any file from public folder without any Rails code
> interfering it.
> --
> Luis Lavena
> AREA 17
> -
> Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
> but rather when there is nothing more to take away.
> Antoine de Saint-Exupé²¹

Luis ,this is how am downloading my files

send_data(@data,:filename => @containerformat.name+extension,
        :disposition => 'attachment')
but i am getting error failed to allocate memory for large files ,for
small files it's working fine

and one thing more i observed while uploading large files , whenever i
upload data more than 2gb from IE OR from mozila ,both restarts but for
google chorme its working fine???