From: mongrel-users-boun...@rubyforge.org
[mailto:mongrel-users-boun...@rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Luis Lavena
Sent: 22 September 2010 02:51 PM
To: mongrel-users@rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Mongrel] Mongrel service

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Gerhard Koekemoer
<gerha...@prodispace.co.za> wrote:
> Hi all

> Environment:
>
> Windows 7 64 bit
> Ruby 1.9.2.p0
> Rails 3
>
> I am getting the following error when I run the following command
> mongrel_rails service::install -N MyTestApp_4001 -p 4001 –e production:
>
> “Msvcrt-ruby18.dll is missing”

You're attempting to run Ruby 1.9 with a version of mongrel that hasn't been
compiled with Ruby 1.9 support.

Please install the 1.2.0 prerelease version:

gem install mongrel --pre

Also note that "mongrel_rails start" will fail with Rails 3. Which means
mongrel service will also fail. Before you report that back, see existing
issues in relation to Rails 3:

http://github.com/fauna/mongrel/issues
--
Luis Lavena