From: "Gert Driesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Miguel de Icaza'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 11:21 PM
Subject: RE: [Mono-dev] Please revert your changes.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Miguel de Icaza
Sent: dinsdag 9 augustus 2005 19:33
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Mono-dev] Please revert your changes.

Hello Gert,

    The changes that you committed to Mono to add .NET 2.x signature
compatibility break the .NET 1.x signature compatibility.

    I have not reviewed the entire patch in detail but I know that at
least things like this are wrong:

namespace System.Reflection.Emit {
#if NET_2_0
[ComVisible (true)]
[ComDefaultInterface (typeof (_CustomAttributeBuilder))]
#endif
[ClassInterface (ClassInterfaceType.None)]
public class CustomAttributeBuilder : _CustomAttributeBuilder {
ConstructorInfo ctor;
byte[] data;

     The problem is that now on the 1.x profile you are
inheriting from
_CustomAttributeBuilder which did not exist in 1.x, and which
should not be exposed in the 1.x profile.

I don't recall if it existed in .NET 1.1, but it does exist in .NET 1.1
SP1.

Also the class status pages do not show that there's something wrong :

http://mono.ximian.com/class-status/mono-HEAD-vs-fx-1-1/class-status-mscorli
b.html

     The interface should not exist, and it should not implement the
interface.

     Until today I had assumed that you knew about this, but
given this
new tidbit of information, I think we must review every one of your
older patches and ensure that you have not broken the 1.x profile like
this.

     Please fix this, or revert all of these changes.

Let me know what you want me to do.

Gert