Hi Ogden,

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 10:55 PM, ogden <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Jeff, thanks for replying
>
> In both cases we used the line from
> http://docs.xamarin.com/ios/advanced_topics/linking_native_libraries
>
> as follows:
>
> -gcc_flags "-L${ProjectDir} -lQSiOS -force_load ${ProjectDir}/libQSiOS.a"

Hmmm, this looks correct to me.

What I was *hoping* to see was that some gcc argument wasn't complete
(e.g. -force_load without an argument). But that doesn't appear to be
the case.

Of course, based on what you said about the smaller lib working fine,
I figured you probably had the correct -gcc_flags, but I had to be
sure.

I guess the next step is to have you crank up the verbosity of mtouch
by adding "-v -v -v" to "Additional mtouch arguments" and get a build
log from you. If you could do that and attach that build log (just
copy & paste from the build output pane) into
http://bugzilla.xamarin.com that would be great. We may end up needing
more from you, but the build log should hopefully provide some clues
as to what is going wrong.

(feel free to add [email protected] to the Cc on the bugzilla report)

>
> Is it possible that stdlib is not being linked? Our libQS has no
> dependencies other than stdlib (I assume this is always linked to an XCode
> project?)... or I suppose its possible a symbol in our library conflicts
> with something in Monotouch.

Honestly I'm not sure.

>
> Which of the compilers should we be using for our libraries? :)

I'd probably recommend gcc, if only because mtouch uses gcc to compile
the AOT'd code and link with the native libs. I suspect that clang's
binaries would be compat, but I don't know for sure.

>
> Thank you kindly,
> Ogden
>

You're welcome, and I hope we can get this solved quickly!

Jeff
_______________________________________________
MonoTouch mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/monotouch

Reply via email to