At 3:29 PM -0800 12/6/04, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
Daniel Jung wrote:

We are about to release a new enCore version soon. It will be unicode, so we converted the database/server to unicode as well.

How about this for a strawman: would anyone on this list object to calling LukeJr's GammaMOO "LambdaMOO 2.0", assuming ...

Btw, where is GammaMOO these days?

I'll also note there was the EmeraldMOO project, which was another
fork off of LambdaMOO.  I think several of these forks start with
the best of intentions, but then they don't build enough of a
"developer community" around them, so they fade away.  That is a
big hurdle for anyone who wants to start on LambdaMOO 2.0, too.  I
could list all kinds of things that "somebody should do" as a new
version, but I have so many other projects I am busy on that I
probably wouldn't contribute much to this one.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]