To Tom and all regarding restoring 40" x 60" heavy paper. I just finished
restoring linen backing a 40 x 60 Butch Cassidy & Sundance. I was reluctant
because the poster was in very bad shape, roll cracks and border tears, and
general margin shredding. The client insisted I try to save the poster
because of sentimental value and said he would accept whatever the finished
result.
I agree with Dario that the process requires longer soaking and I worked
with a burnisher and mylar, something that lighter weight paper would not
tolerate. The end result was surprisingly good and the client was happy and
the poster saved from oblivion.
But each poster is different with history of paper, inks, printing, and
surface wear and pollution absorption. The next 40 x 60 project is a rare
Man With Golden Arm with an equally bleak condition. I keep notes.
Danny Steward / Seattle
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com
___________________________________________________________________
How to UNSUBSCRIBE from the MoPo Mailing List
Send a message addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
In the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-L
The author of this message is solely responsible for its content.