Hi Jeff,

Very simply, I am coming from a collector place; a dealer place. I have found it, sometimes, absolutely frustrating attempting to sell a linen backed poster. Many buyers are, indeed suspect of what type of restoration was done. Just recently, I offered a rather expensive one sheet that was linen backed to a buyer; he turned it down at a very reasonable price and stated pretty much what I stated in my previous email. "I would buy a good, fine, etc. non linen backed, before a "stated" near mint linen backed" even after I told him it was near mint before linen backing.

I have some 1950's one sheets that were not used; the paper is still firm and pretty much in the condition that they were issued. There is no doubt in my mind that at some point I would HAVE to protect them against the elements and of course de acidifying and putting some Japanese tissue, hence linen backing would be a positive step on my part and would probably do that.

Would I do this if I were to sell them, No! I love these 1sheets as they were originally sent from NSS. They, as they are, are authentic history. The reality? ....at some point in the life of paper, acid will do a job on the paper and it would become necessary to do something. However, I keep most of my material in a climate controlled environment light, humidity, heat, etc....and it has worked for me.

I prefer to keep my lobby cards in the climate controlled environment and will do so as long as I posses them...........Slab them; Forget it! Your right Susan, I too, do not need them for table mats; haha........................I prefer to smell, handle the original card as NSS sent it.

Jeff, it appears I am still talking collector/dealer. Sum it up to say I prefer non-linen backed in both buying and selling. It makes life easier. As a collector, I prefer to keep my material in their natural state just as long as I can until a reality sets in and de acidifying becomes absolutely necessary.

For what it is worth................have a good day folks..........Vaughn