From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Phil
Edwards
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 02:24 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Is eBay in touble?

No doubt quite correct, that's why there is more thna one speculator
speculating that we might be seeing the beginning of death throes. The lates
news, that the View Item page is to go another overhaul to make it "less
complicated" also indicates that without admitting it, they are hearing what
sellers have been telling them for the past 2-3 years - not much good having
lots of bells and whistles festooning a train that doesn't run reliably to
start with.

The discounts, free listing days, cheap listing days are also used when the
natives are restless.
It's their brand of throwing a few colourful trinkets out there - always
happens after a bout of bad press (increasing) or more active complaining
such as roling seller "strikes" and the like.
Phil