I thought the value of a car dropped about 20% the moment you drove it off the showroom floor.

Alan

On Jul 16, 2008, at 9:50 AM, Jeff Potokar wrote:

easy...

20,000.00

jeff

On Jul 16, 2008, at 9:12 AM, Craig Miller wrote:

The fact is that the cost is different from the value.

Let's say you just bought a brand new 2008 Toyota Camry.  You paid
$20,000.  Plus sales tax (about $1700) and license fees (about $200,
as a guess).  Then you paid $650 for a wonderful extended warranty.
That's $22,550 you've paid to the dealership.  You spent $22,550.

What is the value of the car?

Craig.

At 06:15 PM 7/15/2008, Richard Halegua Comic Art wrote:
I agree with Sean

At 05:29 PM 7/15/2008, Sean Linkenback wrote:
>From: MoPo List [ mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Heim >…Some people say value, some say cost, etc. I guess, for me personally, when I think of the "value" of a poster I purchased, I think of it in terms of how much > money I had to give for that poster…

I used to think the same way Sue, but Bruce’s question of whether or not it matters if the buyer’s premium is 10% or a 100% has me rethinking everything. Now I’m thinking that I can be the low price leader for items, but just charge a significant “buyer’s premium” on all purchases.

“How much is that Frankenstein Title Card?” - “Why it’s only $600, but there is a 5000% buyer’s premium.”

“That’s a beautiful B-Style One Sheet for Citizen Kane, what was the price on that?” “I got it super cheap at Platinum Posters, they only charged me $1000 for it (not counting buyer’s premium of course).”

“Yeah, they’re only charging $15 for Goldfinger one-sheets.”

It could even work when buying – “We normally sell This Gun For Hire one-sheets for $400 which is full appraised value, but I’m in a good mood today and will pay you double value for your copy”

Craig Miller Wolfmill Entertainment [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com

LINK TO AMAZON – JUST PUBLISHED FIRST NOVEL:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0595458203

MUSEUM WEBSITE:

www.museumofmomandpopculture.com