From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of David
Kusumoto
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 3:43 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] OSCARS

Hi Bruce -- Because of the multiple forwarding of text -- you
accidentally credited me for writing the first paragraph in your note.
Craig Miller wrote it -- he felt Penn was better than Rourke -- and that
"Milk" as a film was better than "The Wrestler."  He defended both views
admirably, and "nailed" why Penn was better, but I disagreed on both
counts; Penn did a fine job in what to me felt like a
TV-movie-structured bio-pic.

I myself would not drive two hours to see "Milk" again.  But I would do
it to see "The Wrestler" -- because of the originality of its
presentation and the sheer force of Rourke's performance.

  _____