They have spread all over but thinned out.  When the clean up  began they
moved in all directions including all around my company's building,  which is
the entire block on 5th Avenue between 30th and 31st Streets.  I  remember
streetwalkers standing on all the corners in all kinds of weather with
hardly any clothes on.  The hotel next to my building (which is now
respectable) had become a prostitute haven and then a halfway house.  I
remember the
time Leona Helmsley was there for around 6 months towards the end  of her
prison sentence.  The photographers hanging around all the time just  to get a
glimpse of her was ridiculous.

They have filmed many movies and TV programs in my area and it is  highly
annoying but good for the city.  They have wanted to use my building  for
many movies including Batman, Superman and the recent Revolutionary  Road.  The
reason is the age and look of the building plus the fabulous  view of the
Empire State Building from the flat roof of 295 Fifth Avenue.   I have never
allowed any filming as the problems with the studios are so  enormous that I
could never agree to signing a contract with them.   Negotiating a deal
with the location scouts is a lot of fun even though I never  could come to
terms with them.
Claude

In a message dated 6/20/2009 10:02:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,