Tom,

Thanks for the insider revelations. It all makes sense now. :)

-- JR

Tom Martin wrote:
HHMMM Joke this JR !!!.... Channing Dont listen to anyone that has to quote " Babelfish" as reference..

I did some digging and called the ' Italian Embassyy to enquire about your dilemma...

It appears that when Guseppi spotted your package,,,, he said ,,, Looky Alfonzo da packe.. shes from San fransisco,,,, It could a be from " Anthony Benaditto.".. thats a Nice! OK !!

So they passed the pacake around and thumped it , bumped it wondering what it could be,,,, they Tossed it like a Pizza PIE,,, then even sent it to Mimi the local wine stomper and he jumped up and down on it...

Then it went on a Journet,,, to Roma, Naples, Venice, and became a spectacle.... could it be the Boxa of

Anthonty Benaditto ???? from San Frabcisco?// Finally,,,,Geppetto, head of foriegn packages took

the damn package and opened it. and inspected.. to which he said "Mama MIA' '' its a fricken book!!!! and he threw the Box in the corner,,,

The entire Country of Italy cried and declared a public holiday, schoolchildren were sent home..... and there

was a sadness in the air felt in all Europe..... OK??? so they all decided senda Back the BOX to the

yankee dog that denied them all Of Anthony Benidiito... Cd... ( Tony Bennett)

Its not what you wanted to hear... But alot more fact then JRs -babelfish theory ( thats like a crackerbox prize)

And as to why they sent JR'S check back, DUHHHHH ,, they were being polite, when they saw who wanted to come stay at their hotel.. and saw ' JR" Richarson.... they put it in the " Non Entressso File" as In we donta a wnat dis guy in our Place ever "

But You didnt understand Kind Italianos People... and when the check arrived ( It was there whole time),, they hoped you would take a hint and use it to LEAVE and get a one way ticket back to whereever boonies you live...!!

But did you get it??     NOOOOOOOOOO

Hop this clarifies once and all  ..

The italian Postal system is Justa Fine..... they just are getting tired of americans and want some Anthony Benaditto cds.

James Richard wrote:
Channing,

Jeez, but this list is full of jokers, ain't it? On the chance that you actually did want to know what "Non Ammesso" means, the online translator at Yahoo says it means: "Not Admitted"

-- http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

Not very helpful, I'm sure. You already knew they didn't admit it, it would have been nice if they said *why*. But I as the jokers pointed out, this is an Italian bureaucracy we're talking about -- I once sent a check to a hotel in Venice to hold my reservation 6 weeks in advance of my arrival. When I got there the hotel (where I had stayed several times before) had not received it and been unable to hold my reservation at that crowded time of the year -- but since they knew me they found me a tiny attic room on the cuff. Three days later, the clerk stopped me in the lobby and said, "Hey, look what just arrived in this morning's post..." Sure enough, it was my 6-week old letter with the check in it.

My guess is that there was something about the customs form they didn't like... or maybe the address didn't match up with their system.

-- JR

channinglylethomson wrote:
Perhaps someone on MOPO could explain what the phrase NON AMMESSO means. I sent a book to Italy by Priority mail a few months back. The client said they'd never received it and filed a claim with Paypal saying non-receipt. I just got the package back today with a pink sticker on it that said RETOUR (RINVIO). Checked below that box it was marked NON AMMESSO. Does anyone know what happened to this package from what I'm describing? Or what that phrase would mean in this situation? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Channing Thomson