It's none of those things -- well, not always -- but when someone's
only comment is "it's just like [one of a half dozen films]" then I think
they aren't thinking but just parroting someone else's comment, to
be on the "cool" bandwagon.  There's definitely stuff to knock in
Avatar, but way too many seem to not be able to come up with any
of it.  No one's saying you aren't thinking nor that you dismissed the
film.  I disagree that comparable plots is a negative but you had
other negative points as well.  You clearly did think about it.  I don't
completely agree with you but everyone's entitled to their opinion.
I just see a lot of people who are simply on a "knock Cameron" kick.

Craig.