Franc,

I'm not going to play Paypal's advocate here, but their own regulations are
pretty clear, as stated below. Also, Paypal does explicitly NOT offer transport
insurance, so they won't take any responsibility if a poster is lost in
transport.
On the other hand, I figure the average Paypal employee is about as well
educated as any other callcenter worker, so I seriously doubt that the person
who decided about your claim was even fully aware of the actual Paypal rules
and regulations. That, of course, is part of the price of doing business with a
multi-national trust.

I'm not the expert on the USPS postage system, and being in Germany I certainly
shouldn't be. All I can say, I'm frequently receiving packages, sent First
Class, with a Certificate of Mailing, with a USPS waybill that was quite
obviously purchased online and printed at home. Whether this was done directly
through USPS or through stamps.com is beyond my knowledge. All I know is, it
can be done and if it IS done by the seller, it saves me a lot of money.

Be that as may, as I said before: If a seller is working with me on this, I'll
bid, if he doesn't, I usually pass.

Helmut