To be fair, it does also have the same art as the US R'42.  The buildings are
different in the R'56, so it's not that one for sure.

--- On Sat, 3/24/12, Richard Halegua Posters + Comic Art <sa...@comic-art.com>
wrote:

From: Richard Halegua Posters + Comic Art <sa...@comic-art.com>
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Argentina King Kong OS questions
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Date: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 1:14 PM

same art as the 1952R US poster, so my suggestion is that the poster
pictured at your link is 1952 or later

At 01:10 PM 3/24/2012, P Molitor wrote:

There was at least one RKO
rerelease:

http://petersmovieposters.com/fotos/30s-2/kingkong-arg.jpg

I was told this was a '40s release.

--Peter

--- On Sat, 3/24/12, rixpost...@aol.com

From: rixpost...@aol.com <rixpost...@aol.com>

To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

Date: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 10:56 AM

The one sheet from Argentina that's said to be original
says that the production company is "Enterprise Films", not
RKO---maybe I'm out of the loop, but I've never heard of Enterprise
Films.  It would lead me to believe even the "original"
poster is probably a 40's re-release.  As for the one that sold for
$1200 on eBay, I'd be willing to bet it's more likely a repro than
anything else.

Rick

In a message dated 3/24/2012 10:47:16 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,