From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Bruce
Hershenson
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:03 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] Unsolicited praise we recently received from one of our
buyers

If you are happy with the service you receive from the movie poster auctions
you deal with, then great! But if you find one or more of them lacking in
any way, consider the following unsolicited message we recently received
from one of our buyers, and if you are one of the very few movie poster
collectors who isn't a regular bidder with us, consider placing one order
with us, and see why our business generates the following kinds of comments
on a regular basis:

"To Angie and all those at eMoviePoster: You are the BEST. In fact, the
reason I buy thru you ( and ONLY YOU) is that you give me absolute certainty
on all engagements and purchases. I've followed you from eBay to
emovieposter.com and I'll never go anywhere else.

WHY?
Honesty
Reliability
Truthfulness

AND, your shipping and packaging in the BEST!  It's like buying a new APPLE
product. The packaging, the care and attention. I can't fault it. The PAY &
HOLD feature is a real incentive for me personally. It allows me the freedom
to trade as I want without incurring the substantial cost. Then, when I do
get my PAY AND HOLD delivered, its pure joy. As the mailman delivers my
sturdy mother lode of tube or pouch, it feels like Christmas.

The only thing that gets me a bit is your auto-response engines. Man, you
can make them cooler. Hey, I'm not a huge trader, but I am regular
watcher/bidder.  I'm just missing a bit of the human interaction. Now I dig
you guys run a HUGE business, but you know that ultimately what any customer
wants is a direct & personal relationship.

P.S. Keep it up. If you ever need a testimonial to your security,
reliability and honesty for international buyers, I'm your man."

Incidentally, I replied to his comment about our "auto-responses" as
follows:

"This is Bruce (and I assure this is Bruce personally!). I too really miss
those long ago days when I "only" had a couple of thousand customers and I
could reply to every one of them personally, and I was on a "first name
basis" with almost all of them! But the business has grown so much (34,000+
customers) that :"auto-emails" are a necessity! Myself, I really hate when I
get letters that are supposedly from someone, and they have "personal
touches" inserted, but you can tell that it was machine written. So we go in
a different direction. We make our automated e-mails absolutely sound like
they ARE automated, so that people can tell that they are, and that they
shouldn't take anything in them personally, IF IT DOESN'T APPLY TO THEM
SPECIFICALLY.

Of course, in these days when most people skim things, some people can
misunderstand our auto-messages, but overall, the vast majority of our
34,000+ buyers are able to distinguish between automated e-mails and regular
ones, and can work with our system well. If we didn't have those automated
e-mails, then we would surely have to either have LOTS more employees, or
way fewer auctions, and I don't imagine anyone wants that (because with lots
more employees, we would have to start charging buyers premiums!).

You CAN call in any time and pay for your order that way and talk to our
super-friendly people, but of course you need to recognize that they are
also super-busy, so they won't be able to talk for a long time, but I know
that we have far better customer service than any other company I know of.

Which brings me to your comments! Lately, we have had a series of events
that have put extra stress on everyone here (mostly non-work-related stuff,
like employees with close family members having grave illnesses, etc), so it
really is wonderful to get an e-mail like this. I will circulate it to
everyone here so that they can really know that all our hard work is
appreciated!

Thanks very much,
Bruce"

--
Bruce Hershenson and the other 26 members of the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874

  <http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20120523_emovieposter_because.gif>