anyways merry christmas...and Alan i bought a collection of projectors and it cane witha bunch of 70-80 silent porno 8mm /super 8mm films and i thought someone may want then to colect early erotica...ill be open to a trade or sell in a lot as i was concerned on listing hem as the fact they where old porno however i thought these may be pop culture andhad all the famous porn starts//so let me know...ki prefer o sell general pg stuff I also have newsreels of likeww2 and many of the old shorts of comedy and animation in reg 8 and super8mm..they are fun tosee old projectosrclicking away///
Merry christmas pop culture and mom...

best, Tom

On 2017-12-19 21:50, Alan Adler wrote:
Dear Mopes and Mopettes -

Happy Holidays, safe times and a box of old movie posters someone
hands you and says, "I found these in an old house, you want them?"

When I was a kid I probably went to the movies 4 times a week.
Would often take a cab from elementary school to the local theater in
Asheboro - this was early 1950’s.
I was all alone at the first show of some AIP hit like I WAS A TEENAGE
WEREWOLF - nobody but me and the occasional bum on the back row
sleeping it off.
Like my own private screening room.

Now, I kind of don’t care where it comes from as long as I can watch
an average of a movie a day.
Of course being a big 3D fan - I liked them at the theaters - but also
watch 3D at home - but for some reason the 3D home choices are being
dropped by my providers.

What I am a true fan of today is something that did not exist until
recently -
10 hour movies -
I just watched Mindhunter and Godless and I gotta say - 10 hours of
something I like in 2 or 3 sittings is like heaven to me.
First noticed the 30 minute scene (pretty much non-existent a few
years back) on Breaking Bad.
Just totally got into the 1 to 1 moment of it - The Greeks knew what
they were talking about - read Aristotle’s poetics - real time
minute for minute is the epitome of drama. One can go so deep into
story, context, character. 1 to 1 creates a kind of mental 3D that
takes one deeper into the story.

So, anyway, now all the shows have them -
Mindhunter - and what a show or movie or whatever it was that was! -
had these 40 minute dialogue scenes between the heroes and chained up
mass murderers - jeez, I was on the edge of my seat - did I need
thundering hordes - no - just 2 guys in a room with the drama pegging
max -
Just love it - and just love these binge treats -

So things change - they evolve - I still love theaters for the
religious aspect of communion -
But I started out as a little kid watching TV in the dark and now I am
69 watching TV in the dark and still loving it.

When can we just plug it in our neck and be there with the drama?

Hope I can live long enough to catch a few of those films.

I guess the pornos will be first -

Pornos always take the point on the cutting edge of technology.

Not sure I got it in me for a 10-hour Be-there-now skin flick plugged
into the side of my head.

But I am available and eager for what technology has next in store.
What do you think movies will be like in 10 years - 20 years - 50
years?

The anticipation of it - the trailer etched into the brain - there was
always something so exciting about being first to the theater when its
something you really want to see.

My favorite movie - Forbidden Planet - can’t get away from it - was
never the same after I saw it as an 8-year-old.

What fun - I think I’ll go flip some dials and see what’s cooking!

Alan

--

Please Visit Our eBay Store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Museum-Store-Gifts [7]