wow whata collection David..all stuuf thats a lifetime ofgreat titles...I liketheitsa wonderful lifeand 34thstreetandPinochio.esp wonderfullifeis myalltime Faveand zuzuz in my facebook she does appearances all over usa... I only have one of your posters the purple 30 x 40 British quad Beatles,,, its so amzing the beatles did somany films..andare stillaround..evenat like77 !!!

wow

yes us Baby boomers see thatourgenerationandourparentsand Grandparents..all have cometo a end inthis life My greatgrandmother onmoms side usedd toHave tea inBermuda withMark twain..he loved bermuda as did Lennon who did hislastworkher before he was shot in1980.. whilei was havingLunch with Melblanc in1976 nov 19...he seemd curious whenI mentioned Bermuda was moms home birthplaceas itsa uk island.. wellwheni wentback toHollywood inlike 1994 I met Mels son Noelandhe keptsayingI wish youcould meet my friend///OII said who is your friend??itwas Kirk Douglas..as his wife was fromBermuda as weelas Michael lives ther evenNow withCatherine zetta Jones.... Right afterwe metand went tothesame placeMelandi did theHamburger Hamletin Beverly Hills..both Kirkandnowl wereina accoidentaat te airport inNoel French daughphin helicopter likea few days afteri saw him....lifeis so full of surprises...Kirk also seemslikea great guyandi bethe know myfamily as they left fprusa after thewar in1947...Mom metLinda Darnell at teUSO dances..toentertainthetroops..all myauntsmet GIs and married themand movedtoToledo...My dads folk were sicily ...andso they came overona boat..and settled in RochesterNewYORK...so,,its so cool learningaboutmope Familyas itsa eclectic Group of cool people...Thanks David for teh share.. I kinda justy say OK god what ever you will is..lets do it..as no one takes a uhaul fo stuff behin tehhearse..so have fun ,share it...and sell it and help others enjoy it

On 2019-10-16 21:39, David Kusumoto wrote:
* I confess I sometimes get a little depressed realizing that a life
span is nearing its end - vs. being in the beginning or in the middle
- during heady days when I cared less about the time unfurling ahead
of me - and more about trying to OWN everything.

* There were "bumps" that caused me to downsize unrelated to aging -
e.g., wildfire evacuations and the crazy exercise of toting out my fav
framed one-sheets in less than ten minutes.

* But as decades pass and I realize my nostalgia doesn't line up with
the nostalgia of younger generations - the urge to purge - (vs.
letting your survivors cherry-pick through your stuff after you're
gone) - gets stronger.

* When you've liquidated a few estates it hits some of us that we
don't want to put our survivors through the hassle of choosing - and
then dumping things they know little about - to Goodwill.

* So I think I'm like a lot of people in that what I have left today -
has far more sentimental value than actual $$$ value - (or almost no
dollar value). Two things that pull me out of my funk:

1) Gifting things to younger adults who express an appreciation to own
movie memorabilia - thus giving them a gateway into a hobby that seems
forbidden to them now - and hoping that if it takes hold like it did
for me - it will grab them by the lapels and not peak for them - until
they reach their late 40s through their 50s, and...

2) ...selling things - knowing that a future buyer will give them a
good home - and will cherish them for however long they can - until
they themselves - like I did - decide to move on.

* So while there's an element of sadness about divesting - I am in
love with the idea of passing things down as a means of preserving
them well after I'm gone. And to feed my nostalgia - I can always look
at photos of what I used to own "back in the day." (See below.)

* I never got a chance to own any $$$ horror paper - simply because I
could never afford it. So I would say that my collection was likely a
"mid-tiered" one - representing titles I really loved.

* Another aspect of getting older and divesting - is I can now show "a
little bit" of what I used to own - without worrying about security
issues - esp. now that the "gold" is gone. My lobby card collection is
also gone but I used to own hundreds that aren't pictured here. -d.

P.S. - And almost everything I collected - with the exception of
Beatles memorabilia and comic books - I purchased from dealers who are
or were members of this very MOPO group! (With the probable exception
of the late Deke Richards and that couple who ran That's
Entertainment" in PA - from whom I scored some incredible prizes! I
can't believe I've forgotten their names. Does anyone remember who I'm
talking about?)

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/9020/N4OrrP.jpg [1]

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/6615/3ffRPe.jpg [2]

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/4167/XfS18s.jpg [3]