great post sue..and thereis alittle ofallyou inthe whole historyof Film .titles and thebaby boomer experience......basically fromthe 30s- to the 80s///like 60s yearsand we all seem to bearound 60s to80sand somelast to 90s..itsure goes Fast,,we ere so luckt to beintheheydey of movies..whentherwas a studio stsem./.andstars,,it justseeme differentand Davids beatles collection....i was able to meet thedrummer and 1st beatle pete best withTommy mysonaftera show...he told mestorysand we took himtoa jazz club called Rustys..hismomwas themanager Roadie ,had thevan andtehplace to Practice,,Johnnyparis myold Band boss had the beatles warm up for themInHamburg Germany in1960..andsoJohn told mehow the Guys wre roughnecks...esplennon..andthatepstien said Pete must go with tehmom/./as pete was actually thepopular pone wityhtehgirls...tohavepete tellm me Fromhis mouth was so cool he tooka pic withTommy..i said son you justmeta real beatle...pete becamea bakerand semd sad he was kickedoutoftehband,,the daywe met nobody showed except about 50people ..that taughtmehow fickle itwas..we looked eye to eye and shook hands..I saw themn that notallthepeopleinthe biz make it.and many do..butallenedupintehsameplace eventually so justgivethanks for everyone..as to methefansa havea story justas thestoars,,,,,theindustryi loved so much as changed so much inthelast 20years,,we dont evenwatch Films but digital images now..andthefilmsare a whole new genre..itwillbeinterestingto se wheritgoes..as itschanged so muchinjust a few years,,ilikehearingallyourstorys..all we need isa picnic andid been allset

On 2019-10-16 22:24, Susan Heim wrote:
I hear ya Dave......it's been hard letting go of certain of my
collection. They've been a part of my life for so long and meant more
to me than just a poster hanging on the wall. They were not only a
beautiful representation of a film I loved or just beautiful artwork
from an industry I love, but they were a symbol for me of success. To
some that may sound shallow, but from where I came to where I've come
is a long road that I'm proud of. I look at all the framed posters on
your walls (wonder where you got all those frames!!!) and there was my
Spellbound half sheet you bought from me about 20 years ago that
started our friendship......Every one of those posters on your wall
are so much a part of who you are. Knowing you, I know why you have
each of those posters and what they mean to you...….I've had many
collectors ask me if I could choose one poster to never sell, what
would it be. I can't answer that because each poster means something
to me and touches a certain part of who I am...….only another poster
collector can understand that.

 Sue
 Hollywood Poster Frames

-------------------------

FROM: MoPo List <mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU> on behalf of David
Kusumoto <davidmkusum...@hotmail.com>
 SENT: Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:39 AM
 TO: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
 SUBJECT: [MOPO] Getting older and collecting movie posters. (PHOTOS.)

 * I confess I sometimes get a little depressed realizing that a life
span is nearing its end - vs. being in the beginning or in the middle
- during heady days when I cared less about the time unfurling ahead
of me - and more about trying to OWN everything.

* There were "bumps" that caused me to downsize unrelated to aging -
e.g., wildfire evacuations and the crazy exercise of toting out my fav
framed one-sheets in less than ten minutes.

* But as decades pass and I realize my nostalgia doesn't line up with
the nostalgia of younger generations - the urge to purge - (vs.
letting your survivors cherry-pick through your stuff after you're
gone) - gets stronger.

* When you've liquidated a few estates it hits some of us that we
don't want to put our survivors through the hassle of choosing - and
then dumping things they know little about - to Goodwill.

* So I think I'm like a lot of people in that what I have left today -
has far more sentimental value than actual $$$ value - (or almost no
dollar value). Two things that pull me out of my funk:

1) Gifting things to younger adults who express an appreciation to own
movie memorabilia - thus giving them a gateway into a hobby that seems
forbidden to them now - and hoping that if it takes hold like it did
for me - it will grab them by the lapels and not peak for them - until
they reach their late 40s through their 50s, and...

2) ...selling things - knowing that a future buyer will give them a
good home - and will cherish them for however long they can - until
they themselves - like I did - decide to move on.

* So while there's an element of sadness about divesting - I am in
love with the idea of passing things down as a means of preserving
them well after I'm gone. And to feed my nostalgia - I can always look
at photos of what I used to own "back in the day." (See below.)

* I never got a chance to own any $$$ horror paper - simply because I
could never afford it. So I would say that my collection was likely a
"mid-tiered" one - representing titles I really loved.

* Another aspect of getting older and divesting - is I can now show "a
little bit" of what I used to own - without worrying about security
issues - esp. now that the "gold" is gone. My lobby card collection is
also gone but I used to own hundreds that aren't pictured here. -d.

P.S. - And almost everything I collected - with the exception of
Beatles memorabilia and comic books - I purchased from dealers who are
or were members of this very MOPO group! (With the probable exception
of the late Deke Richards and that couple who ran That's
Entertainment" in PA - from whom I scored some incredible prizes! I
can't believe I've forgotten their names. Does anyone remember who I'm
talking about?)

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/9020/N4OrrP.jpg [1]

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/6615/3ffRPe.jpg [2]

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/4167/XfS18s.jpg [3]