From: Alan Heimann <alanheim...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2023 4:52 PM
To: sales comic-art.com <sa...@comic-art.com>
Cc: MoPo-L@listserv.american.edu <MoPo-L@listserv.american.edu>
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Heritage fees

I think what Helmut is alluding to is what Grey calls an auction anomaly ..ie.
A bidding war which may take a poster way beyond its performance in a number of
past auctions ..obviously these are the exceptions not the rules ..dealers
should always be concerned with valuations with  expectations for a profit
..while you could compare posters to items you mentioned ..I need a car I need
a loaf of Bread etc I don’t need a poster…Seems there is always something new
down the line ..while posters maybe stagnating original artwork seems to have
found an audience ..comic book cover art  , concept art for movies ,Mondo etc
I’ve never followed props per se so can’t comment..

On Sat, Jun 17, 2023 at 6:03 PM sales comic-art.com<http://comic-art.com>