Hi John,

According to the Big Bang theory, codependent arising happened during
the first instance of creation, that is the formation of matter and
anti-matter.  As the theory goes, there was just a little bit more
matter than anti-matter, so that by the time one second came around,
all the anti-matter was annihilated, and we were left with matter.
So, while this somewhat conforms to your codependent arising, it does
need a slight imbalance..  This would correlate well with your premise
of reality, since there is a constant dance which implies imbalance.
The same can be seen with the predator-prey analogy, they are never
quite in sync or static, but constantly going through a over/under
trend.

So, codependent arising with inherent imbalance.  Could that imbalance
be called Quality?  I think it can.  What do you think?

Cheers,
Mark