Greetings, Wim,

Static patterns can control systems at all levels, big or small, individual or collective. A subsystem may be the place where dynamic change is launched upon the larger system to which it belongs, or dynamic change can be initiated at the level of the system-as-a-whole, and imposed upon its parts, including those parts that would prefer to rename static. Of course, resistance is possible and may be successful if the changes are not well executed.  (Been there, done that.)

Lawry de Bivort

<snip>

I would still like to know to what extent my analogy "Biological/Social/Intellectual evolution can be seen as a process by which weak Dynamic forces at a subatomic/subcellular/individual level discover stratagems for overcoming huge static inorganic/biological/social forces at a superatomic/supercellular/collective level." is still a valuable reflection of 'reality' (intellectual pattern) and/or a meaningful insight in your opinion.

<snip>

Wim Nusselder