You can also perform this analysis as a multivariate linear model (using
first variable, ln(CS) as independent variable) with PAST. Nervertheless,
number of Procrustes versus number of specimens can be a problem if you
sample size is not large enough.

Pere M.

On Dm, Febrer 18, 2015 09:06, Anneke van Heteren wrote:
> Dear Adeline Yong
>
> Right now you are essentially plotting size (of the claw) against size (of
> the crab). What you are interested in is shape against size. I am not sure
> what program you are using now, but I would suggest MorphoJ, as it is
> quite
> user friendly. You should do a multivariate regression of the Procrustes
> coordinates onto size.You could then play around with different size
> measures. (ln) centroid size of the object of interest is commonly used
> for
> these types of analyses, but you could also try doing it with carapace
> size
> and see if you get different results.
> I hope that helps.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Anneke van Heteren

Pere M. Parés-Casanova PhD
Part-time Lecturer
Dep. of Animal Production
School of Agrifood and Forestry Science and Engineering
University of Lleida
Av. Rovira Roure 191
25198 Lleida (CATALUNYA, Spain)
Phone:+34973706460
Fax:  +34973702874
   _
  (" \______
     \       )
      \ ---¬/
      /     |
Confidentiality Note:  This message is intended for use only by the
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you have received this communication in error,  please
contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether electronic or hard copy. Kindly note that, E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted,lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request
a signed hard-copy/scanned version. Thank you, gràcies.