I had de same problem in times several. If I remember correctly the problem comes out when some comma is in the scale number or something like that.

Liu

On 10/11/17 08:25, Candice Neves wrote:
Hi All

I'm currently trying to append curves to landmarks using the function in tpsUtil (I want to use the curve information as sliding landmarks) however any time I try to do this tpsUtil gives me an error message saying '0.004149' is not a valid floating point value.' I take this to mean that one of the points I made when digitizing is not "valid" and so tpsUtil cannot read the file? Is this right? When I was digitizing tpsDIG kept popping up error messages but I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, I was just tracing the outline using the 'draw curve' function. I'd delete the curve and start over, but it happened every time I outlined a molar so eventually I jut kept going. Did this mess me up? Was there a way to fix what I was doing that would have meant my curves would be read in tpsUtil? Is there a way I can manually append my curve data as landmarks that could still be read into Geomorph or Momocs as sliding landmarks? Could I edit the tps file manally to do this or am I going to have to start over redrawing the curves? I need to delete some landmarks as well, so I'm having the same problem with tpsUtil, I was planning on manually deleting the landmarks I no longer want for my specimens (or should I just tell the R packages I use to exclude certain landmarks? I think this might be better).

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Candice Neves
MSc Candidate
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MORPHMET" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to morphmet+unsubscr...@morphometrics.org <mailto:morphmet+unsubscr...@morphometrics.org>.

--
Liu Idárraga O.
Estudiante Doctoral