From: Candice Neves [mailto:536...@students.wits.ac.za]
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2017 5:26 AM
To: MORPHMET <morphmet@morphometrics.org>
Subject: [MORPHMET] Appending tps curves to landmarks

Hi All

I'm currently trying to append curves to landmarks using the function in
tpsUtil (I want to use the curve information as sliding landmarks) however any
time I try to do this tpsUtil gives me an error message saying '0.004149' is
not a valid floating point value.' I take this to mean that one of the points I
made when digitizing is not "valid" and so tpsUtil cannot read the file? Is
this right? When I was digitizing tpsDIG kept popping up error messages but I
couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, I was just tracing the outline
using the 'draw curve' function. I'd delete the curve and start over, but it
happened every time I outlined a molar so eventually I jut kept going. Did this
mess me up? Was there a way to fix what I was doing that would have meant my
curves would be read in tpsUtil? Is there a way I can manually append my curve
data as landmarks that could still be read into Geomorph or Momocs as sliding
landmarks? Could I edit the tps file manally to do this or am I going to have
to start over redrawing the curves? I need to delete some landmarks as well, so
I'm having the same problem with tpsUtil, I was planning on manually deleting
the landmarks I no longer want for my specimens (or should I just tell the R
packages I use to exclude certain landmarks? I think this might be better).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Candice Neves

MSc Candidate