Dear colleagues,

I'm trying to figure out how to break down shape differences onto
individual PC axes.  I have a morphospace where PC1 explains 60% of shape
variation and PC2 explains 20% of variation. Two subsets of samples of
particular interest do not differ much along PC1, but differs significantly
along PC2. How should I project the shape difference between these subsets
onto seperate PC axes, such that I can quantitatively show X% of shape
difference between them are along PC1 and Y% is along PC2?

A simple vector projection (i.e. using the mean difference of PC1 score and
PC2 score) doesn't feel right to me as I don't think PC scores are directly
comparable between different PCs. Or am I wrong?

Many thanks for your time.