I taught struggling readers at the same grade level and some of the books they 
really enjoyed were Among the Hidden, by Margaret Peterson Haddix, Something 
Upstairs, by Avi, and Touching Spirit Bear, by Ben Mikaelson.  These books were 
good and not as typical like Holes or Hatchet.  We read these as classroom 
"shared novels" with lots of discussion, vocabulary and comprehension work.  


Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and 
those who matter don't mind.
~ Dr. Seuss
 



 

> From: [email protected]
> Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:10:30 -0400
> To: [email protected]; [email protected]; 
> [email protected]
> Subject: [MOSAIC] Need Book Recommendations Grades 7 & 8
> 
> I will be teaching students in grades 7 and 8 that are reading below grade 
> level. These are also students who do not find reading enjoyable. I am 
> looking for recommendations of books with a lot of adventure and action. 
> Books 
> that the kids can't put down. I do a lot of the reading aloud with lots of 
> discussion so books can be on grade level. Any suggestions?
> 
> 
> Pat
> www.pawsofwood.com
> _______________________________________________
> Mosaic mailing list
> [email protected]
> To unsubscribe or modify your membership please go to
> http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/mosaic_literacyworkshop.org.
> 
> Search the MOSAIC archives at http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive.
> 
                                          
_______________________________________________
Mosaic mailing list
[email protected]
To unsubscribe or modify your membership please go to
http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/mosaic_literacyworkshop.org.

Search the MOSAIC archives at http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive.

Reply via email to