It sounds like I had this exact same class the last two years . . . I had them read "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton. I had a class set that they used and then I checked out the audiotape from the library and had them follow along. Even my most reluctant readers loved reading it. If you listened to it every day during a 50-minute class, it would take you about 6-7 class periods (I think the tape is over 5 hours). But if you incorporated journals, discussions, character sketches, poetry study ("Nothing Gold Can Stay"), etc., you could definitely stretch it out. Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------
From: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:10 AM
To: <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
Subject: [MOSAIC] Need Book Recommendations Grades 7 & 8

I will be teaching students in grades 7 and 8 that are reading below grade
level. These are also students who do not find reading enjoyable.   I am
looking for recommendations of books with a lot of adventure and action. Books that the kids can't put down. I do a lot of the reading aloud with lots of
discussion so books can be on grade level.   Any suggestions?


Pat
www.pawsofwood.com
_______________________________________________
Mosaic mailing list
[email protected]
To unsubscribe or modify your membership please go to
http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/mosaic_literacyworkshop.org.

Search the MOSAIC archives at http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive.



_______________________________________________
Mosaic mailing list
[email protected]
To unsubscribe or modify your membership please go to
http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/mosaic_literacyworkshop.org.

Search the MOSAIC archives at http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive.

Reply via email to