I am planning to use The Hunger Games to start off my year. I think my students will love it! It takes place in the future and deals with teenagers chosen by lottery to fight each other to the death. If I had read that description I wouldn't have been interested at all but it has everything in it-a sense of life being unfair, the resolve to make the best of a situation beyond your control, 2 conflicting love stories, family strife and loyalty. Truly a great book for teens.

On Aug 10, 2010, at 9:10 AM, [email protected] wrote:

I will be teaching students in grades 7 and 8 that are reading below grade level. These are also students who do not find reading enjoyable. I am looking for recommendations of books with a lot of adventure and action. Books that the kids can't put down. I do a lot of the reading aloud with lots of
discussion so books can be on grade level.   Any suggestions?


Pat
www.pawsofwood.com
_______________________________________________
Mosaic mailing list
[email protected]
To unsubscribe or modify your membership please go to
http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/mosaic_literacyworkshop.org .

Search the MOSAIC archives at http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive.



_______________________________________________
Mosaic mailing list
[email protected]
To unsubscribe or modify your membership please go to
http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/mosaic_literacyworkshop.org.

Search the MOSAIC archives at http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive.

Reply via email to