*  I can't quite remember the title of an essay I read years ago, nor can I
remember the author, but the title had these words:  doing harm while
intending to do good.*

Well, duh, Bev.  Thankfully internet development is inversely related to my
ability to remember, and it sometimes puts me out of my misery.  How could I
possibly have forgotten it was Sam Meisels who wrote this article:  Doing
harm by doing good: latrogenic effects of early childhood enrollment and
promotion policies?

Maybe someone should write a new essay "Doing harm by overusing the medical
model and 'prescribing' instruction rather than teaching students what they
really need to know."