I tried to use ebird years ago (circa 2004) and it was horrible. I gave up.

I heard now it's better so I went back late last year. After farting around
on it for about half an hour, I still think it sucks.

I use computers everyday for work and have done so since 1995 (back in the
day of Windows 3.1) but I still can't figure out how to pull up anything
I'd consider useful from ebird. Maybe it's my left-handed but logical brain
but I must need to be led by the hand through the wonderland that is ebird
'cuz I ain't finding it on my own.

Reliability is a whole 'nother factor - If I have no clue who a birder is,
or what their ID skill level is, I ain't going chasing after their
mis-identification. Does ebird have any sort of verification process for
the validity of their "scientific database" ??? There, I said it.

I already get good info from the MOUMN.org website and mostly reliable info
from the MOU and MNBird list servs.  And oddly, sometimes it's just fun to
try your luck on your own.

I know I must be a luddite, as my cell phone is still dumb and I'm not a
twit (don't tweet). My Face is not in a book that's not made of paper
either and I email far more than I text (OMG, LOL). But apparently society
marches on to it's cyber drummer with me in it's virtual dust.

--
Sincerely,

Jim Ryan
Saint Paul's Westside
----
One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between Man and
Nature shall not be broken. -* Leo Tolstoy*

A well governed appetite is the greater part of liberty. - *Lucius Annaeus
Seneca*
----