L. David Baron wrote:

>On Tuesday 2002-07-09 16:53 -0700, Asa Dotzler wrote:
>

>>>You're not really seriously suggesting that mozilla.org/catalog was
>>>useful or well maintained, are you?
>>>

>>oops, I meant to say "...that mozilla.org/docs/ was useful or well
>>maintained...." I do believe that /catalog _is_ and /docs isn't.
>>

>I think docs is better maintained than catalog is, yes.  The reason it's
>better-maintained is that it's much smaller (since it doesn't attempt to
>duplicate all the other index pages around), and therefore much easier
>to maintain.  I think it's also more useful than catalog is, at least
>for people who are looking for technical developer documentation.
>
>-David

I've seen one too many emails mailed to staff or drivers or me
personally saying something like "We're a big company that want's to
embed gecko in our application and ship it to trillions of users but we
can't find any documentation on how to do this" to believe that docs/ is
maintained to even a minimally sufficient level.  I think catalog is a
major step toward fixing things for those people.
Catalog could get better. It would be great to see area experts sign up
to edit relevant sections on catalog.
--Asa