Michael Lefevre wrote:
On 2004-03-03, Gervase Markham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Gervase Markham wrote:

I'd like to call it "MozDev", but that name seems to be taken. We could call it "d.m.o" after "b.m.o"... I'm sure others can think of better names.

If we're going to go big on the copying, how about "MozDN"? ;-)

Good plan.  Then we can receive a threat of legal action for trademark
infringement as well as copyright infringement, and rename the project 4
times over the course of a couple of years as we try to find a name that's
not taken. ;)

MOD

Mozilla Org Developer   (Development)
Ministry of Development

MozMOD

Mozilla Ministry of Development

MODMoz

Ministry of Development Mozilla

MOD itself may be a little dicey as there are trademark considerations (tho none in the software industry currently) but MozMOD (or MODMoz) would alleviate those concerns The title does reflect the role as well, administration of the developers (development) or ministering to such. It allows for less or more central control as the current job holder envisages (less is more in this case tho). Developers could be advised by MozMOD without being controlled by it, it serving more or less as a central clearing house, which occurs to me is the intent.