Jay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a dial-up connection and am using Win ME. When I have Quick
> Launch enabled, the "Connect to Internet" dialog box pops up when my
> system boots. Also when I'm not online and launch Mozilla without Quick
> Launch enabled, again the "Connect to Internet" dialog box appears.
>
> It's easy enough to just click cancel if I don't want to connect at the
> time, but is there a way for me to get rid of this? I'd like to always
> have Quick Launch enabled, but it's annoying how it wants to connect
> whenever i boot up.
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sounds like it is trying to find a non-local location.

Edit-Preferences->Offline & Disk Space for "When starting Mozilla" try
checking "Use my previous online.offline state". Does this help (you
will need to make sure that you are offline when you exit Moz.

Alternatively, in Preferences->Navigator what is checked for "When
Navigator starts up, display"? Is it a local page (or blank).

Also, for your Mail account do you have it set to check for mail at startup?

--
Software is like sex, it's better when it's free  - Linus Torvalds

Anti-spam e-mail address, change _AT_, sorry for the inconvenience